DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Roger E. Rivero" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Dec 2005 09:07:34 -0500
Dear Munang:

You have received a lot of answers already. And very good ones also that even me can use for bettering my work. As for myself I'll send you some examples made using MAGICC/SCENGEN 2.4 and 4.1 for your country. In fact you could use this technique for every place on Earth without moving from your living room. I have done it for some friends abroad. As for climate models I may say that HadCM2, HadCM3 and ECHAM4 are the ones that best depicts our particular trends, I am advicing you to finding your actual climate trends before making any climate change scenarios AT ALL. Only that there will be always variables that are needed but not given by such techniques. Then you should do some kind of blend known to some of us as Bultot's scenarios.

I think that after you had seen some actual scenarios and get the feel of it, you will be able to gain insight into this tricky job of scenario making procedure.

Roger E. Rivero Vega