DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Boote,Kenneth J" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Boote,Kenneth J
Date:
Sat, 12 Mar 2011 15:36:29 -0500
Fidel,

The DSSAT does not simulate alfalfa.

I hesitate to suggest that you use the bahiagrass version, as that is an annualized simple approach for a true perennial, and it has very different temperature sensitivities from alfalfa which prevent successful use for that purpose, even if you "turn on N fixation".

Sorry but that this will not work for you.

Ken Boote