DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Benjamin Fehling <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Jun 2005 09:35:12 -0400
Dear all,

I want to use the Ceres-Maize module of DSSAT 4.0 for firstly estimating
yields and secondly simulating long term (until 2020) yield-development –
based on climate simulation - in a small Moroccan oasis. The soil file has
already been created for the five occurring soil types. Values for 2003
yield on 7 fields (rough estimated) exist as well as for soil analysis
(water, N-, C- content; referring to the soil types) at the end of the
growing season.  In the first step the model shall be adjusted to the local
conditions with these data using the “automatic irrigation when required” –
option.

Within the second step the adjustments shall be checked upon the following
field-data: time series of soil water content, crop development and growth
(developmental stages, height, LAI, plant density), transpiration, dates and
amount of irrigation and fertilizer applications.

1. Does the dataset seem to be sufficient and the steps adequate for the
purpose?
2. Should I create X-files for every soil type (they seem to have great
effect on yield), for every field I monitor or just one i.e. regarding the
fields as replicates?

Thank you in advance for your answer

Benjamin Fehling