DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Humaira Sultana <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Humaira Sultana <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 May 2005 16:40:55 +0500
You sent this mail number of times, in that you asked many innocent
questions and it was lengthy to answer, my suggestion is pls. read
codes, manual etc..

 *       Rain 0.0 appears in Overview.out file. Why?

This rain is for environmental modification and appears like that
ENVIRONM. OPT. : DAYL= A  0.00  SRAD= A  0.00  TMAX= A  0.00  TMIN= A
0.00    RAIN= A  0.00  CO2 = A  45.0  DEW = A  0.00  WIND= A  0.00
in this 0.0 means that you are adding zero in your rainfall data, as
zero is additive identity, so it don't modify your rain data

*       We have calculated the harvest index with the formula below:
> Harvest index= (grain weight/spiky grain weight)*100
>            Can you tell me which harvest index I calculated HIAD or
> HIAM or Product harvest index(ratio)?

HIAM and product harvest harvest index(in overview file) is same thing
and its formula is also written in overview file

Harvest index    Product wt (HWAM)/Canopy wt.(CWAM)

HIAD

 HIAD   Harvest index   Harvest index (grain/top)

pls. see codes

in DSSAT V4.0 path is  from DATA tab  see "field codes"

HIAM and HIAD both have same formula for calculation only difference
is that HIAM is harvest index at maturity and will be in A file

and HIAD is harvest index with respect to days after sowing

> *       HWAT.....Harvest product wt (kg/ha) Does this include
> spike+leaf+spikelet+grain ?

It is grain yield and its formula also given in overview file

 Product wt       Harvest wt (HWAH) / (Harvest%/100) (HPC)

> *       Is tops weight (kg/ha) the quantity of dry material?
yes it's, but excluding roots

> *       What do you suggest that I calculate my two different wheat
> genotype coefficients ? I have DSSAT V3 and V4 But,
> V3 doesn't operate and I can't see Gencalc on V4.
use V4, and V4 don't have Gencalc.

> *         What is Random number seed in simulation options?
I think dont worry about that, this is used when you generate weather data...

Best wishes

Humaira Sultana
Research Fellow
Global Change Impact Studies Centre