DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

Date:
Tue, 28 Dec 2004 10:02:55 +0900
Gerrit,

I am sending this email to the list server because new users of DSSAT
v4 might find it interesting.

I found the default text editor (in Generic of Configuration of
Cropping System Model) of the copy I have was NotePad. After I
downloaded UltraEdit from
http://www.ultraedit.com/index.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3
I needed change the setting of the default text editor from NotePad
to UEDIT32.EXE, because my PC (ThinkPad) didn't have a text editor
but NotePad. I read and saved SOILN040.SOL with UEDIT32, and I
simulated inorganic soil N after the incorporation of compost and
crimson clover with default and measured CARB, CELL and LIGN
composition. However, predicted inorganic soil N was still identical
between the default and measured composition. I would be grateful if
you can tell me why.

Cheers,

Hiroshi