DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Gijsman, Arjan J. (CIAT)" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2005 11:42:42 -0500
Hi,

Without wanting to show off my feathers, I can suggest that you have a look at the following article, in which several estimation methods for water-retention parameters are compared. None has really the overall solution, but some proved better than others.

Gijsman A.J., Jagtap S.S., Jones J.W. 2002. Wading through a swamp of complete confusion: how to choose a method for estimating soil water retention parameters for crop models. European Journal of Agronomy, 18: 75-105.

Please be aware that the article is pretty long and has a lot of not-so-interesting statistics, but if you write critical about other people's work then you have to support it with facts.

Arjan Gijsman