DSSAT Archives

DSSAT - Crop Models and Applications

DSSAT@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gerrit Hoogenboom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Oct 2004 20:22:04 -0400
Prakash and others,

The conversion of the cultivar coefficients from CERES-Wheat in DSSAT v3.5
to CSM-CERES-Wheat in DSSAT v4.0 can be found in the wheat cultivar file,
which can be accessed from the DSSAT shell:

! COEFF       DEFINITION
! ========    ==========
! VAR#        Identification code or number for the specific cultivar.
! VAR-NAME    Name of cultivar.
! ECO#        Ecotype code for this cultivar, points to an entry in the
!             ECO file
! P1V         Days at optimum vernalizing temperature required to complete
!             vernalization. (Dssat35 used a scalar value related to
!             sensitivity to vernalization, not the overall requirement,
!             which was set to 50)
! P1D         Percentage reduction in development rate in a photoperiod 10
!             hour shorter than the optimum relative to that at the optimum
!             (Dssat35 used a scalar value;internal P1d=0.002*P1dCULFILE)
! P5          Grain filling (excluding lag) period duration (oC.d)
!             (Dssat35 used a scalar value;internal P5=430+20*P5CULFILE)
! G1          Kernel number per unit canopy weight at anthesis (1/g).
!             (Dssat35 used a scalar value;internal G1=5+5*G1CULFILE)
! G2          Standard kernel size under optimum conditions (mg). Related to
!             kernel filling rate (G2,mg/d), which used internally, as follows:
!             G2 = G2WT/P5 * 20.0, where 20.0=deg.d in a standard day
!             (Dssat35 used a scalar G2 value;internal G2=0.65+0.35*G2CULFILE)
! G3          Standard, non-stressed dry weight (total,including grain) of a
!             single tiller at maturity (g).
!             (Dssat35 used a scalar value with internal G3 =
!             -0.005+0.35*G3CULFILE, and with stem weight only at the end
!             of elongation)
! PHINT       Phylochron interval; the interval in thermal time (degree days)
!             between successive leaf tip appearances.