SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Christian Friis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Oct 2017 09:26:26 -0400
Greetings!

The James Bay shorebird project has completed its eighth season. We just posted a summary from all three camps for the period 29 August to 13 September 2017 to https://www.facebook.com/jamesbayshorebirdproject/. It was another great season filled with many highlights, excellent work, and safe return home for our team. Thank you to everyone involved both behind the scenes and out in the field!

Some highlights from the post:

Swainson’s Hawk in early September.
High proportions of juvenile Red Knot.
Over 500 Hudsonian Godwit at Northbluff Point at the end of August (counts have not been greater than 100 by this point in the season).
First juvenile White-rumped Sandpiper at the end of August
Northern Parula 10 September
Yellow-headed Blackbird 6 September

For more details about the project, check out our website https://www.jamesbayshorebirdproject.com/.

Over the next few months, we will be posting more updates, data summaries and other fun stuff, so stay tuned!

Good birding,
          Christian

Christian Friis

Wildlife Biologist, Canadian Wildlife Service
Environment and Climate Change Canada / Government of Canada
[log in to unmask] / Tel: 416.739.4908

biologiste de la faune, Service canadien de la faune
Environnement et Changement Climatique Canada / Gouvernement du Canada
[log in to unmask] / Tél. : 416.739.4908