SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
"Norris, Keith A" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Norris, Keith A
Date:
Thu, 31 May 2012 22:19:50 -0400
I also saw a Semipalmated Sandpiper with a yellow flag on its upper right
leg in Ohio (metal band on upper left leg).  This SESA was spotted on May
30, 2012 just south of Port Clinton, Ohio, USA, in a privately owned
managed marsh unit on Muddy Creek Bay (small part of Sandusky Bay).  I was
unable to read the code before the bird (and the rest of the flock) flew
off; the flock was moving quickly between some sparse vegetation which
obscured my view through the scope.

The bird was spotted while I was on the mud flat, attempting to capture
shorebirds with mist nets.  Unfortunately, the mist nets had already been
closed due to high winds before the bird was seen; otherwise I might have
had a chance to capture it.

Keith

--
Keith A. Norris