SHOREBIRDS Archives

Shorebird Discussion Group

SHOREBIRDS@LISTSERV.UGA.EDU

From:
Gyorgy Szimuly <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gyorgy Szimuly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Sep 2009 17:18:43 +0200
Looking at the images we have a feeling this is rather a Lesser Sand
Plover. The shape of relative fine bill, the size compared to
Semipalmated Plover and the Sandpiper would suggest this bird as a
Lesser SP. There are tricky birds for sure where features overlap
between Greater and Lesser Sand Plover but I would not exclude LSP
possibility based on the images.

Cheers, Szimi
--------
Gyorgy Szimuly