All right, here come some more questions;  I am progressing each day on my pecten recataloguing.  IS Proteopecten (valid genus?)  proteus a subspecies of glaber, same genus  (I am not including full scientific name, as I figure most of you who are "into" pectens know what I am talking about)  It certainly has fewer ribs than glaber.  I have a nice big brown one that I got from a dealer recently (proteus, that is) that shows all of the characteristics very well.  What do you think or know? Linda, the pecten afficianado