Henk, could I ask you a question about the Mirapecten you described, viz.  moluccensis?  Is the ornamentation of it not quite like knobs or scales, but more like puffs?  I think I have a specimen of it that has pale pink puffs on the upper valve, with curved diagonal black marks in between the "puffs."   I don't have a scanner, so I can't send you an image. ``Thank you ahead of time, if you have the time to reply to me, and this might help other Pectinidae collectors to name their shells of this species.

        Sincerely,

                           Linda Bush