Sorry but the best collecting sites are still commercial pits which with
rare exception are closed tight to collectors.  Basically all the
insurers told the owners that they will lose their insurance (and their
livelihood if the lose a lawsuit) if they let in collectors.  But you can
still get some nice material at some of the old sites (like the Miami
canal between 4 and 25 miles south of Lake Harbour, which has levees
(east side is best) made of mostly Callosahatchee material, some Bermont.
 Also try the levee of the New River canal abour one to two miles south
of South Bay.  Material from the pits is sometimes available
as it is used for road and building construction.  If the trucking strike
is over, follow trucks from the Palm Beach Aggregate pits which is less
than ten miles west of the Lion Country Safari near Loxahatchee.
Material there is from the Caloosahatchee up through the Ft. Thompson,
depending on where they dig (it is a big operation).  Warning: there are
some very strict rules against going into construction sites which can be
enforced.  Do not push your luck.  Also, although some spots may be well
picked over, stop at every small unpaved road or canal construction site
you can see.  You will find some very nice material if you have a sharp
eye and/or are willing to dig.
The best source of identifications of your shells is Ed Petuch's Atlas,
which was well reviewed in the COA, available on its website.