Hi!
    Monday I took my husband out for a birthday lunch at a Chinese buffet, and there on the steam table, labelled "Greek Mussels" was not an "edulis" but a mussel with emerald green periostracum, with brown longitudinal stripes.  The only "green"
mussel I could find in my books was "viridis,"  which is not from Greece.  (Could the recipe have been Greek?)   Does anyone know what I have (of course, I brought the shells home; too bads I couldn't get the matching valves, short of going through their dumpster later that night, and my husband would have said a definite NO to that).   Does anyone know what I might have.   It does look as if there is one tooth in one valve, and two in the other, but I'm not sure of that.

Thanks,
Linda Bush