To members of Conch-L,

I am a collector of Korean shells, land, marine, and freshwater, currently living in Korea.  I am attempting to obtain any information available on the shells of this country.  Specifically, I would like to know:

  1: What books are available and where I can purchase them

  2: Any papers or monographs published on Korean molluscs and where I can obtain them

  3: The name of any Korean biology journal that also deals with molluscs (I can get any papers written in Korean translated.)

  4: The names of anyone who collects Korean shells, either in this country, or elsewhere.  (I am looking for an exchange of information and, possibly, shells.)

  5: Suggestions on the best collecting locations in Korea.

To summarize, any information on Korean shells would be greatly appreciated.  As I live in a small apartment, I am not ready to exchange shells, except with another collector of Korean shells.  I hope someone out there can help me.

Regards,

Ron