Hello Alexandra
Welcome to the Conch L list.
There is lots of useful  help and information here.
I think you will find that the more different places you look the more you
will find, but if you can enlist the help of someone close by to show you
the places to look around this will help a lot.
Also a good book is invaluable, and many general guides have plenty of
information on how and where to collect.
As I am from Australia I cannot suggest any specific Portugese books.
I cannot send any exchanges at present but will keep you in mind.
Good luck with the collecting
Geoff