Dear sir
Thank you very much for your prompt response, it really helped to find out
the reason of my problem.
However in my case the value of alpha is coming zero in those months also,
in which total mean monthly rainfall is greater than zero. I have analysed
that these are the cases in those months in which total "RNUM" (number of
rainy days) is greater than "RTOT" (Total mean monthly rainfall).
I would like to know the minimum amount of rainfall in a day to be counted
as a rainy day in the weather generator of DSSAT.