Hello all!
  I have left shells in bleach for months and they didn't have much outward
damage as long as the shell was kept underwater....  I have also had shells
that were exposed to air without being rinsed properly get yellow!
    Also, thanks for all the kind words to American citizens, both on the
list and off!!
                    LaVerne