Dear Conch-ers,

My husband and I just returned from Sanibel and found our first wenteltraps,
as well as several other new shells.  We enjoyed shelling there so much and
I owe much of our enjoyment to information from conch-l. We are fairly new
to conch-l and just simple shellers; as illustrated by our little wentletrap
story.

We purchased a Sanibel guidebook while there last May 2 where we first saw
the lovely wentletrap. I just had to have that shell so we biked up to
Lighthouse beach and searched early, late, and in between.  Finally, on our
last day I decided to break down and buy one at the shell shop near Rosie's
grocery. When the proprieter reached behind the jewelry counter and showed
me a cup of teeny miniatures, I knew why we couldn't find them. I bought a
few and triumphantly showed them to my husband and he found one on his own
in about two minutes!  We found quite a lot more and went home to Port
Huron, Michigan happy shellers.

I had heard from this list about how wonderful Sanibel is and I fully agree.
  Even without the shells, the other wildlife is incredible, the people
exceptionally friendly and helpful, and just generally beautiful.

Rebecca