Dear listers,

I'm using CERES and SUBSTOR to simulate maize and potato yields in Quebec,
Canada. I'm having some difficulties with these models.

With CERES, in some sites and years, I have 'slowed grain filling', which
result in very late (almost ridiculously so) maturity and harvest dates
(harvest is done at maturity). I'm not sure what is causing this, and what I
can do to obtain better dates. Can somebody help me with that?

My problem with substor is the following: when I do a simulation, I get to
the screem titled 'SIMULATED CROP AND SOIL STATUS AT MAIN DEVELOPMENT
STAGES' (the 3rd, I think), and, just after the data line for 'Start Sim', I
receive the following error message:

'run-time error M6101:MATH
- Floating-point error:invalid'

I don't know what it means, and I don't know how to fix it. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and counsel,
sincerely,

Jean-Philippe Brassard