Tesfalidet,
I am not farmiliar with the DSSAT model but i guess your error may be due to an
input error for a real value. You probably have an input value which does not have
dot (decimal point) after a numerical value.  The program may be reading this as
an integer rather than a real value if the dot is non-existent. Check again &
ensure all your nunerical inputs that are supposed to be real values have a decimal point.
Hope this helps.
Jalloh
Mohamadu B. Jalloh
Dept of Land Management
Faculty of Agriculture
Universiti Putra Malaysia
43400 UPM Serdang
Selangor DE
MALAYSIA
Alternative Email: [log in to unmask]
Visit UPM website at http:\\www.upm.edu.my
Happy Tour :)
Dear Listers,

After carefully creating the soil, weather, and experimental details
file, I tried to run the DSSAT v3.5 model. But I got the following
message:

Runtime error F6103: Read <IBSNAT35.INP> - invalid real.

DSSAT v3 vol 2 user's manual gives examples of general error messages
but not runtime error messages. Does anyone know what this runtime error
means?

Thanking you in advance.

Tesfalidet A Ghebreab,
University of Natal,