greetings fellow shellers-
Five of us just returned from shelling in Tonga..thanks to several for your tips and to Gene E. for suggesting it in the first place...We did beach and snorkeling and have a ton of stinky shells...we actually even had to check our large murex at the last minute since the Tongan airport guy deemed it to be a lethal terrorist type weapon..he even checked out several terebras, but let  us carry those on.
So now it is time to dream of a new location to find shells. I know many of you have been to Africa and we have been offered accomodations in South Africa in october or december ....Anyone know anything about where to find shells??  My favorite shells are the orange helmets that I know come from somewhere in Africa...are those findable anywhere in semi-shallow water??
Any help with where to go, where to stay, when to go, etc. would be WONDERFUL!!
THANKS
Clair Beckmann