Hi,

This list is setup so that any 'new' subscription is set to 'moderated'.  To the server any email
address that isn't already subscribed to the list is a new subscription.  This is just how it views the
world.  Even if the subscriber is the same old same old - since the email address is new the
subscription is new, and the subscription is set to be moderated (You may be able to get around
this by using the listserv web interface to 'edit' your email address - but I'm not sure that will work
- if someone tries it and it works let me know).

Where do the moderated email posts go?  They are randomly sent to one of the list moderators,
who will approve them so they can be posted to the list.

What if they don't approve the email, will the moderators re-write the messages?  No.  We are not
editors or spelling cops.  If we think the email breaks one of the list rules and therefore should not
be posted to the list we will send it back to you with the reasons why it was not posted to the list.

How long does this whole process take?  That all depends on what the moderator is doing.  These
are humans just like you and they get sick, take vacation, go to work, have emergencies, and
spend a lot of time reading email.  Because of the last item - it usually doesn't take too long - but
sometimes it takes longer then expected.  And sometimes your email might just get lost in the
ozone - or filtered out by some well meaning spam/junk mail filter (they do have minds of their
own you know).  So if you received an email that said your post was sent to a moderator and you
don't see it show up on the list after a few days you can ask us about it.

How does a subscription change from moderated to unmoderated?  By human intervention.  One
of the moderators (the only people who are allowed to do this) have to change the subscription
setting for that subscriber on the server.  How often do we change subscriptions?  Periodically, is
the best term for how often subscription settings are changed.  There is no rule on how long you
have to be a subscriber or how many posts you have to have made before we re-set your
subscription.

I hope this answers some of the questions about how the list is moderated and why.

Amy