Aloha,
Im in the Philippines now. I've posted info on this subject to the list
several times regarding any shell importations to the USA from abroad. It's
US Fish & Wildlife's perogative & legal right to impose $55 importation
fee's along with inspection(s) fee's as well to any
commercial/non-commercial parcel of mollusks. Also you will need to obtain a
yearly $50 license before paying the fee's.

A USA dealer didn't believe me & had all his rare non-marked shells
confiscated in San Francisco(roughly $20,000 cost price). It doesn't matter
on the numbers, declared value, or if for commercial/personal purposes. You
must also be aware of current CITES species & "appendix a" species from
selected countries(ie: no conchs or tritons from RP/Republic of the
Philippines).

This includes massive dealer shipments to a single $0.99 common EBAY purchase.
                                                                CHRIS:)