Hello, Bob,

     I  believe that the pictures are of the same specimen.  The images appear to be produced by scanning with a flatbed scanner, which tends to distort the features of the shell.  The basal image is more indicative of the true outline, since the dorsum has more depth, and the more depth the scanner needs to take in, the more it warping it causes.  I can send some other examples you can look at if interested.

     I hope this helps.

Aloha,

Dave Lum

Pearl City, HI