Dear friends
according to Filmer 2001 (and I believe it also), Conus kawamurai as a
distinct species on its own, separate from milneedwardsi. With respect to
the fossil species, it is true that most kawamurai are dead taken from
harbour dredgings, etc. I am not sure about its relationship to fossil
species. In any case, the holotype measures 80.5 x 33.4 mm, and comes from
Amami Oshima Islands, Southern Japan.
An additional subspecies is Conus milneedwardsi lemuriensis Wils &
Delsaerdt, 1989, from Reunion, Mauritius, Salha de Malha, etc. The
holotype comes from Reunion Island and measures 110.4 x 35. 3 mm. This
seems to be quite similar to clytospira.

Best wishes

Manuel Jimenez Tenorio