From: Ingrid Thomas [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 5:08 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Two queries

Dear Conch-L

1.  Please can somebody tell me what is a Pismo Clam?  My compendia do not
seem to be able to help.  My reference comes from an anthropological book
describing N.American Indian use of  "Pismo clam shell beads".   I need to
be able to identify it in a book I am writing.

2.  I have been invited to the British Virgin Islands next April.  Can
anybody tell me if there are any restrictions on the collection of beached
shells there?

Many thanks.

Sincerely
Ingrid Thomas