These guys should know but the website hasn't been updated in three years.

http://home.netcom.com/~ejpower/atsc.html

From: Matt Blaine [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 27, 2005 4:31 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Melbourne FL shell collecting restrictions ?

Hi all,

I am planning on visiting Melbourne, FL this winter from time to time. I plan on collecting shells while I am there and was wondering if anyone knows if there are any restrictions in Brevard County or the surrounding east coast counties.

 I am planning on taking some day or longer trips from Melbourne to collect shells also. If anyone has suggestions or information on good places to collect, places of interest, or restrictions please let me know.

I will have a FL fishing license and I do plan on revisiting the Melbourne Shell Show in January.

Thanks,

Matt