Hi Cecil,

After consulting Cate's review of the Triviidae (1979, SDSNH), the
observation that the dorsal sulcus does not interrupt the ribs would favor
its being T. oryza as opposed to edgari.  Having said that, I await the
opinion of someone more expert than me, as I am a beginner!

The original description of Trivirostra oryza oryza (Lamarck 1811) that
Cate gives states "Its transverse ribs are never granulose and traverse the
dorsal furrow which nevertheless is well marked," whereas that for
Trivirostra edgari edgari states "...the rest end mostly in fine points at
the dorsal impression, alternately from either side; a few are united with
those of the opposite side..."

If you would like me to send further descriptions from Cate's reference,
just let me know.

cheers
Alex
Berkeley, CA