Dear Collectors:

As a dealer Sanibelshellers.com will tend to undergrade alot versus many
dealers out there. We do not believe in the" GEM" stamp for anything that
comes from nature. We as human beings all have a pimple, birthmark or some
flaw and are not "Gem or perfect!. Shells under a stereomicroscope will
almost certainly show some flaw. These conversations go on and on and no I
must admit we do not take pictures of every angle of a shell as a dealer.
We use front and back mostly and include other imperfections in the
description. We never normally use better than Near-Gem in our grading.
Many customers that come to our website may be discouraged by that ,but I
bet our grading is often better than other dealers who constantly misuse
the word" Gem" Infact we offer a 100% money back guarantee on all our
specimen purchases with no problem for the collector to receive credit or
a full money refund.

If we had to take picture of three or four angles of each shell, the time
that would take would cripple us in getting a large variety of shells onto
our website on any given day for our customers. If we do not post new
shells everyday we do not make sales as a business as most collectors do
not even hunt through the whole website to see what we have. Collectors go
strictly to their families of interest. Also we post the shell that the
collector will receive on our website versus saying it will be a shell
just like the one pictured.

The bottom line is that grading is what you make of it and there appears
to be no industry standard. Besides, in the shell business very few
dealers even communicate with one another, let alone be friendly to one
another. Maybe that is why there is no "true grading standard anyone can
argree on!

Fredric
Sanibelshellers.com