Shell is used extensively along the Gulf Coast of the southern US.  Contact
state Departments of Transportation for Louisiana, Alabama and Florida.  I
think they can help.

  _____

From: Conchologists List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of
Avril Bourquin
Sent: Wednesday, March 01, 2006 6:46 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Shells in road construction

Hello Conchlers,

I have a person from Newfoundland looking for information on using old
shells in road construction (see email below).  Does anyone have any
information this gentleman could use?
Please answer me in person and I will forward it on to his email.  Thanks.

Avril Bourquin
Avril Bourquin
PO Box 366
Invermere, BC
Canada, V0A 1K0

Phone/Fax:  (250) 342-7224
Cell Phone:  (250) 341-5189
Email:  <mailto:[log in to unmask]> [log in to unmask]

I hit your site as I was researching the use of mussel shell byproduct.
In particular I was looking for connection with mussel shell as a road
building material in particular the surfacing of gravel roads.
It is one of several uses we are investigating so the product has a useful
purpose rather than going to a landfill or just dumped generally.

If you have time to send me along some references and/or websites on this
use I would appreciate it.

Thanx

Thomas Philpott
19 Randolph Place