From: Conchologists List [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Marie Vicksta
Sent: Thursday, March 16, 2006 9:52 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Ecuadorian Clam Project

Hi all,

My name is Marie Vicksta and I'm a student at the university of wisconsin.  This field is entirely new to me, but I may have the opportunity to go to Ecuador this summer to do a study on a clam species, andara tuberculosa, on the coast.  I an planning to do a population study in order to help the people there to create a sustainable management plan to bring back the population and hopefully help with mangrove restoration.  I am also thinking of looking at the water quality and contamination levels in the clams.  Since I am entirely new to this, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions as to sampling techniques, but any information that you all could throw my way would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Marie

[log in to unmask] - a forum for informal discussions on molluscs To leave this list, click on the following web link:

Type your email address and name in the appropriate box and click leave the list.