R. J.,
    just read your post.  I've collected Terebratulina septentrionalis
(Couthouy, 1838) live under rocks during a minus tide in Eastport, Maine
in August 2005.  Otherwise, it turns up regularly in the storage bins
where they store fish nets on Gloucester, MA piers.  Don't know the depth
the nets are dropped at. I've also collected a few on a North Shore beach
before (but the exact locale is escaping me at the moment).  Definitely on
Cape Ann though.
-Kevin Czaja

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007 19:57:27 -0800, R R <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Hi Paul,
>
>  I have heard of them coming up on deep-water lobster pots out of Cape
Cod Bay.  I know of one party who has collected them on rocks in Maine.

>  No doubt the Terebratulina you found in Manomet were probably cast up
from deeper waters.

>  Thanks.
>
>  R.J. Rego
>  Swansea, Massachusetts
>
>"Monfils, Paul" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>      I found a couple of very small Terebratulina attached to dead
bivalve shells just below low tide level at Manomet point, Manomet, Mass.
Because I found only a couple, and saw no adults, I suspect that their
usual habitat is somewhat deeper, and these were just a couple of
specimens on the "outer fringe".
>  Paul M.

brachiopods such as Terebratulina, etc?  Any known collecting sites?