-------------- Original message from Matt Blaine <[log in to unmask]>: --------------

Hi Rick,

Thank you for the excellent report. It just so happens that I am heading up to Maine in a couple of weeks and will be doing some shell collecting there. I will attempt to stop by the Mt. Hope Bay either on my way up or my way back to Delaware. I have been planning my trip for over a year and am very interested in potential shelling locations in Maine or along the way. I am especially looking for ones that are not frozen over by the first of October!

Matt

Bar Harbor, Maine at low tide offers lots of great collecting opportunities mollusk and cool sealife, if you can stand the cold water temperature! Be sure to watch the tide as the "bar" submerges too deep to walk back across at high tide. At low tide it is easy to walk down the expsed bar and go either left for soft bottom habitats or right for hard bottom habitats.

John Timmerman