I wonder how much "preaching to the choir" is going on in this thread.

My question is how many people who say shell collecting is wrong used to be serious shell collectors - not picked up one or two here and there - but seriously pursued shells and had a collection, then gave it up?

I have not encountered any such person when being challenged that what I do is against their belief.

It is sometimes easier to criticize that which does not effect you or require personal examination.

Of course temper this with responsible collecting already outlined.  I'm speaking to the hard liners.

John Timmerman
Wilmington, North Carolina

-------------- Original message from "Martin H. Eastburn" <[log in to unmask]>: --------------