Good point.

I have collected since I can remember so that would put me at 50+ years as a collector. However, it was not until my 20's that I learned of COA, purchasing shells from dealer's lists, knew of shell clubs, visited my first shell show, went to a COA convention.

John Timmerman

Wilmington  North Carolina

-------------- Original message from Peter Egerton <[log in to unmask]>: --------------

Marcus,

The longer a person has collected, the more likely they are to know of your site or CONCH-L and be in a position to take part in the poll. One should keep in mind that many people start a hobby such as shell collecting slowly, becoming more involved with it and developing resources and contacts after a few years. This would most likely explain the paucity of recently-started collections.

Cheers,
Peter