That's even better than flipped negatives, which are all too common. Thought that was what it was leading up to.

Or, was he picking up a shell that had been placed there by an ocean front hotel owner to make their guests happy.

 I get it. It was a prop. Too bad they didn't use something vaguely believable, like a Junonia!

John Timmerman
Wilmington, North Carolina

-------------- Original message from Lyle Therriault <[log in to unmask]>: --------------

Hello Listers,

Have any of you seen this newest commercial for Daytona Beach ( FL. ) tourism?

You have the perfect woman and perfect man joyfully strutting down the beach, waves in the background, and he reaches down to pick an African land snail shell ( Achatina species) off the beach, I am certain of it! ( and picking it with a look on his face like WOW, look at what I found, implying you can do the same if you go there, in my opinion)

Anyhoot, I had a good chuckle at that. The commerical would have been so much better had he not reached down for nothing, since they groom the beaches there anyways!

Lyle Therriault
Why Wait? Move to EarthLink.