Good Afternoon all,
   I just wanted to briefly share an experience I had this past weekend with
you all.  My wife and I took 10 Asian college students(Chinese, Taiwanese,
and South Korean) down to Sanibel and Cayo Costa.  For all but one it was
their first time in Florida and other than the Taiwanese, none of them had
been to an ocean where the water was clear enough to see any aquatic life.
We went to Bowman beach on Saturday and unfortunately the surf was up so
there was no vis, but these went crazy over the shells on the beach.  So
many shells that I would just walk right by as nothing, they would be
filling containers with.  The mounds of shells they would find on the beach
really intrigued them and they asked so many questions about the different
species and colors and reproduction.... all these things that I can't really
answer yet.  Anyways, on Sunday we went to Cayo Costa and while the Gulf
side was still zero vis, the bay side was amazing.  I got to show them
several different living specimens, including a couple of horse conchs
having lunch on a lightning whelk and crown conch.  Anytime someone found a
living specimen, everyone would gather around and examine as if looking for
a treasure map or something.  When we returned last night, all of them had
bags of shells and one evening this week they are all coming over to our
place to go through the 'Compendium' and identify their finds.  All in all,
a great weekend!
   Lastly, at the end of March my wife and I will be heading to the Bahamas
to help some missionaries out and it looks like we will have 1 free day on
Abaco (around Marsh Harbour.)  If anyone has any recommendations for that
area I would greatly appreciate them.  You can contact me at
Thanks,
James