Thanks for all the GREAT info I know have the Recent Volutes of New Zealand Great help
Thanks to everybody
Greg

In a message dated 10/6/2008 10:31:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Sorry conchlers for the bug in my last message:
A. pseudolutea was formerly known on the shell market as A. lutea.
Examination of the holotype as well as of the specimens housed in NZ museums shows that true A. lutea is a completely different species, strictly endemic on the Challenger Plateau (Tasman Sea). It is a extremely rare shells, virtually absent in private collection. A. pseudolutea occurs on the continental shelf of eastern North Island. It a rather common shell. Its absence of fasciole precludes any confusion with A. tigrina, which is morphologically close.
Incidentally, you can find all informations and more in "The Recent Volutes of New Zealand" edited by Conchbooks.

Patrice Bail
2 square La Fontaine 75016 Paris
Tel:+33(1)45253330
Fax:+33(1)40501390