On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 18:50:51 +0100, Marco Arduino <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>Dear Conch-lers,
>
>The new site, showing all the shells of the Mediterranean, is finally
>ready.
>
>http://www.conchigliedelmediterraneo.it
>
>This site aims to become a point of reference for the study and
>recognition of all the shells of the Mediterranean. All species can be
>identified through photographs, drawings and notes captions that
>facilitate a deeper understanding.
>Each card is inserted into a database that allows you to search within
>a family, a species or simply a variety, facilitating the
>identification of the shell object of interest. You can read every
>card in 51 different languages.
>Currently, there are all species recognized: 1723. Each has its own
>card with a photo, but we do more and we need your help ...
>
>Our intent is to create the largest database of illustrated shells of
>the Mediterranean and for this we need the help of all enthusiasts.
>This project is no profit, aims to spread knowledge about this subject.
>If you are interested in participating, we invite you to include your
>photos made with your shells, so as to increase the illustrations
>inside the card and make it easier to be identified.
>The photos will be inserted immediately and will be verified so as not
>to create errors in identifications.
>The uploaded photos are the property of the author who has entered and
>will be reported by name.
>Thanks for your help ...
>
>Marco & Guido Arduino

Hi great initiative but the translation into some other languages are just
terrible (maybe the work of a computerized translation).
I think that it would be great to ask people who speak another language to
review and make the necessary adjustments to the text in their own
language.
Myself I'm willing to review the text in Dutch/Flemish (for people from
the Netherlands & Belgium).
Regards,

Eddy WILMET (www.euromurex.be)