Dear shellers,

Recently I wrote down my personal view on the definition of a species
versus subspecies within mollusks. In this I took the Homo sapiens as a
reference.

After writing down my unprejudiced view, I'm ready to read other opinions.
Also about the role of DNA in discriminating species/subspecies.

I am aware of the fact there is no scientific consensus yet or will be
coming years. As everybody else I need to make up my personal statement
which will be the base for further study (on Olividae and Olivellidae).

Tips for decent discussions are most welcome.
Should you have scans available, I would be pleased if you can mail them
directly to [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance!

Pierre Recourt
Netherlands