Hello Teachers,

Registration for the GVATA Summer Conference is now open.  Please read the
following information carefully.  The GVATA Board has decided to conduct a
virtual summer conference due to COVID-19.  The conference will take place
July 13 – 16th.  We want to keep all of our members safe and understand
that there will be some school systems that may prohibit travel this
summer.  Below is important information concerning the conference.  All of
these details can also be found on the GVATA Conference webpage
<https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=141>.

*RegPack Online Registration System Updates*

The GVATA Board will be using the RegPack system again this year for
conference registration.  New this year, you will be using the same login
account to register for both conferences.  How does this affect you?  *You
will need to remember your username (email address) and your password.*
You will need this information again in the fall to log back into the
system to register for Mid-Winter Conference.  The Board suggests that you
use your school email address and password that you currently use to
complete your Ag Ed monthly reports.

By utilizing one registration login account, it will make it easier for our
members to log in at any time to check their balance, make a payment,
and/or add additional items to your cart.

If you need help in using the online system, a short video has been created
and uploaded to the GVATA Conference webpage
<https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=141> to help walk you through
completing your registration.

*Annual Conference Registration Fee*

The GVATA Board has instituted an annual conference registration fee to
cover the cost of both conferences (Summer & Mid-Winter).  This will allow
our association to collect the fee one time per year.  This will accomplish
two things – it will speed up the registration process during Mid-Winter
Conference and it will allow us to operate one registration system for the
entire year rather than having two systems.  The annual conference
registration fee will be $125.

*Payment Protection Plan*

RegPack, our online system, has introduced a “Payment Protection Plan” that
will be an *option* when you register. This payment protection plan will
refund you your conference registration fee if you are unable to attend the
conference due to a health-related issue for you or an immediate family
member.  Documentation will be submitted directly to RegPack, and the
refund will be processed through RegPack, not GVATA.  The cost will be
around $6.00 to add on this protection plan*.  RegPack will automatically
place this item in your cart at checkout, you will need to opt out if you
do not want to purchase the plan.*  It is just an option for you and will
only cover the reimbursement of the conference registration fee.

*GVATA/NAAE Dues*

Our professional dues have increased to $120 per year.  This includes your
state GVATA dues ($60) and National Association of Agricultural Educators,
NAAE dues ($60).

*What will the Virtual Conference Experience look like?*

The conference will begin on July 13th with online professional learning
opportunities for our members using Zoom.  These learning opportunities
will be content specific and will be formatted as a round table
discussion.  Topics and registration for these opportunities are located on
the GVATA Conference webpage <https://www.georgiaffa.org/page.aspx?ID=141>.
Each participant will receive a confirmation email with the login
directions for each session that they have signed up to attend.  These
sessions will also be recorded and posted to our website for later viewing
if so desired. We have also added a day to the conference on July 16th for
some additional learning sessions.

The Business Session will take place live on Tuesday, July 14th at 10:00AM*.
*Additional directions for logging in and accessing the business session
along with the awards sessions will be posted to the GVATA website and sent
out via email closer to the conference date.

Program updates will also be presented by our Ag Ed State Staff and FFA
Association.

Tentative Conference Schedule
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YyDNWoKHT9IUiK_1Q1trhTeuiY0WwHjr>

*Awards Recognition*

Members who have received GVATA awards will be recognized virtually during
the conference and be presented with their award during the fall Area
Teacher’s Meetings.

The following awards are available to our members who are eligible.  Please
complete the following form for any of these award categories.

Years of Service

Teacher of Teachers

30 Minute Club

Award Recognition Link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeLuYzjFCFyN2bT6M-Rx3dEslScZZwLRDlwbR54U3_Z1MDNqg/viewform?usp=sf_link>

First Year Teacher’s Scholarship – If you had a student teacher this year
please remind them about the First Year Teacher’s Scholarship.  The due
date is June 1st.  The application can be found on the GVATA homepage or by
using the following link.

First Year Teacher’s Scholarship Application
<https://drive.google.com/open?id=1YyDNWoKHT9IUiK_1Q1trhTeuiY0WwHjr>

*Conference Registration*

Registration is now open for summer conference.  Please complete your
online registration by July 10th using the link below.

Summer Conference 2020 Registration
<https://www.regpack.com/reg/templates/build/?g_id=100905223>

If you are requesting one school system invoice for all of the teachers in
your school system, please have one teacher complete the following link for
your system.  The single invoice will be emailed to all of the teachers in
your system once the request has been processed.

GVATA Summer Conference 2020 System Invoice Request
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeR2byzRfhwI2-OVQzsRhZqTbSqJzzxOOz86rk-NQh7PYqnZA/viewform?usp=sf_link>

*Payments*

All payments will need to be made online or by mailing in your check to the
address below. We are excited to offer 5 online payment plan options.  The
newest option will allow you to make your first payment when you register
and then continue making monthly payments until December 1, 2020.

If you are mailing in a school check or personal check for conference
registration, please have it postmarked by July 15th and submit it to the
address below.

GVATA

P.O. Box 515

Perry, GA 31069

*Tifton Hotel Reservations*

All teachers who have made hotel reservations in Tifton for the 2020 summer
conference will need to call and cancel your reservation.  GVATA has
already made contact with the Williams Hotel Group to cancel our group’s
hotel contract.

*Future Summer Conference Dates*

GVATA will honor our 2-year conference contract with the UGA Tifton
Conference Center and with the Williams Hotel Group.  By extending our
contract until 2022, GVATA is not under any financial obligation for the
2020 summer conference.  The dates for the 2021 and 2022 summer conference
are listed below.

July 11 – 14, 2021      Tifton, GA

July 10 – 13, 2022      Tifton, GA

If you have any questions about conference registration, please let me
know.  The GVATA Board understands the need for us to meet virtually this
summer in celebrating our accomplishments and preparing for the upcoming
year.

Thank you and stay safe.

Justin Bennett
Executive Secretary
Georgia Vocational Agriculture Teachers Association
P O Box 515
Perry, GA 31069
www.gvata.org