Yes, BHL is very good about scanning biological / systematics journals.

The only complication here is that the "Leaflets of Malacology" are presumably still under copyright protection.  Stillman Berry died in 1984, and I do not know who would have inherited his literary rights (he died single, no children).  BHL may have a hard time finding someone to ask for permission...

--Alan Kabat

-----Original Message-----
From: David Berschauer <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, May 28, 2020 1:46 pm
Subject: Re: [CONCH-L] Scanning into BHL

#yiv3310424966 P {margin-top:0;margin-bottom:0;}Carole,
In order to do that you need to contact BHL and get in touch with their copyright contact person, agree to terms, and sign a contract with a copyright waiver. We went through that process a few years ago with the Festivus and gave them permission to scan and publish works more than two years old - so that we could stay afloat finanially and still be able to sell current and some older copies of the journal.
David P. Berschauer