Dear DSSAT researchers,

we are offering a PhD position at Uni Bern/Agroscope Zurich with the aim to quantify potential benefits of measures to increase agricultural water use efficiency (e.g. deeper rooting crops and cultivars, mulching, soil organic amendments) both for alleviating drought-related yield losses as well as for mitigating hydrological extremes (low flows and peak flows). To address this aim, the PhD candidate will work with climate projection data as input to both a field-scale soil-water-atmosphere-plant model and a catchment-scale hydrological model, while elaborating possibilities for model integration. Based on findings from this project, particular measures may be identified to facilitate a transition towards sustainable adaptation in Switzerland.

The deadline for applications is January, 31st 2022. We are looking forward to many applications from enthusiastic young scientists with a background in environmental modelling.

Application link: https://ohws.prospective.ch/public/v1/jobs/a73127a6-99ad-4277-b1e8-9111558df67b

Please distribute!

Thanks and best wishes,
Annelie