Sustainability Post-Doctoral Scientist, Carbon

at Indigo (View all jobs)
Direct application link: https://boards.greenhouse.io/indigo/jobs/4050513
Boston OR Remote

We are an international AgTech startup pioneering an ambitious mission in a high-growth industry where agriculture meets technology to solve our toughest climate and economic challenges. Through the use of data-driven insights, natural microbiology, and innovative digital technologies, Indigo Ag is partnering across the supply chain, ultimately cultivating a scalable climate solution and enhanced partner ecosystem that beneficially serves farmers, consumers, and the planet alike.

Our mission is unique, and therefore our teams are too: from multigenerational farming professionals who understand the land as though it were an extension of themselves, to cutting-edge techies on the frontier of innovation, our teams are a reflection of the range of the stakeholders we serve: the Earth, the Farmer, and the Consumer.

The Team:

The Carbon Science & Modeling team connects cutting edge science and research with quantification methodologies at scale through deeply cross disciplinary work. We define the science requirements behind high-quality carbon credits, collaborate with scientists across academia, non-profit and industry, and work on world class data sets and experiments to advance the science around sustainability and agriculture. We are looking for an early-career scientist who is excited by the challenge of scaling scientific insights into global impact. This position is for a full time, fixed-term appointment with a duration of two years.

Responsibilities:

Competencies:

Qualifications:

Benefits:

Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.