This message is send by Ruud Bank on behalf of Philippe Bouchet (both are MB editors):

Dear Bill,

I have added in WoRMS / MolluscaBase a Nomenclature note under both Conus floridanus and C. anabathrum:

https://www.molluscabase.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=420200

https://www.molluscabase.org/aphia.php?p=taxdetails&id=429079

ICZN Opinion 1539 (Bulletin of Zoological Nomenclature, 46(2): 140) has ruled that the name Conus floridanus Gabb, 1869, is not to be given precedence over Conus anabathrum Crosse, 1865, by those authors considering that the two names refer to the same species. However, it has not declared Conus floridanus invalid or unavailable, and it remains a potentially valid name. The revalidation of the species Conus floridanus by Berschauer (2022) is nomenclaturally perfectly permissible.

I hope it clarifies the case.

With best regards,

Philippe Bouchet