Just a reminder to register your students for the Area Floral Design CDE.
I will not be able to add any late students since I have to pre-order flowers and other materials for this event.

Thanks, Melissa

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Melissa Riley <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Tue, Aug 29, 2023 at 9:41 AM
Subject: Area Floral Design CDE Details, shirt orders and how to register
To: <[log in to unmask]>

The registration for the Area Floral Design CDE is up on the Georgia AG ED Website and login page.  Here is some additional information:

Sign In: 4:00-4:25 PM     Contest Starts:  4:30 PM - Please make sure your students arrive on time, as this is a timed event.

Senior Students:  Create 1 Design, 25 Flower/ Hard Good ID, and 25 questions Test

Junior Students:  Create 1 Design and 25 Flower/Hard Good ID

T-shirts are available for this event and must be ordered online with event registration.

image.png

Location

*Area 4 FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 26th @ Toombs County Ag Center

*Area 3 FFA Floral Design CDE, Sept 28th @ Camp John Hope

Fee

* There is NO cost to compete in the area contest

*The designs can be taken home by the student at the end of the competition once scoring is complete.

Tshirts are $12 each

Registration

*There is a 2 week registration window -- the deadline is September 15th, 2023  by 11:00pm for both Area 3 & 4 CDEs.

*All students must be pre-registered for adequate materials to be purchased.

To register for the CDE.

Go to the AG. Ed. Website and log in.

Click on Event Registration.

Click on Area 3 or Area 4 Floral Design CDE Registration.

Click on the edit for each team that you are registering.

Click on edit for the T-shirts that you order. It will make an invoice for your T-shirts and for the cost of the event.

It has opened to register your teams and closes on 9/15/23 for BOTH AREA CDEs.

Link here for a helpful guide on how to register students.

Tools

*Students should bring their own tools, such as:

-floral scissors,

-wire cutters,

- students will also be allowed to use their own floral tape, glue, and wire if they bring them

-a small hand-held broom/dustpan for area cleanup,

-bucket for keeping flowers,

 *All other materials/supplies will be supplied for the student.

Guidelines

For Jr Guidelines Click Here

For Sr Guidelines Click Here

STUDY POWERPOINTS
but do not limit yourself to these

Click on the following link - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=247

Click on Floral Design Fresh Product for help with Flower ID

Click on Floral Design Hard Goods and Materials for Equipment ID

Click on this link - http://www.gaaged.org/page.aspx?ID=75 for past scenarios and tests

Thanks for allowing your student to participate in this Career Development Event. If you have questions, please let me know.

Melissa

--
Melissa Riley
Central Region Ag Education