Event: Using Maps to Research Armed International Conflicts at NYPL
<https://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2023/10/24/using-maps-research-armed-international-conflicts-nypl>
Date and Time: Tuesday October 24, 2023, 3 - 4 PM (EST)
Where: Virtual (Register Here
<https://nypl.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_uIZq5EL1RFG1uEeJIs7pHQ#/registration>
)

Join us, as we demonstrate how to use the collection at NYPL's Map Division
to research international conflicts where the United States sent armed
forces overseas for military action, starting in the 20th century.  During
this class, we will show you how to  utilize NYPL's catalogs to locate maps
related to international conflicts, locate a place amidst changes in a
location's name and boundaries due to conflicts, and utilize digital
resources from NYPL and other reputable institutions.

These maps are a valuable resource that researchers can use to better
understand their family's genealogy in relation to military history, to
visualize military history, and to better understand how conflicts shape
and change our world.

--
*Jo-Ann Wong**| **The New York Public Library*
*Librarian II*

The New York Public Library
Stephen A. Schwarzman Building, Room 117
476 Fifth Avenue, New York, NY 10018
T: 212-714-8425 Ext 48425 | [log in to unmask]
www.nypl.org/locations/divisions/map-division

Get updates about research at NYPL delivered to your inbox.  Sign up for
the Library's monthly e-newsletter, Research at NYPL
<http://pages.email.nypl.org/researchmatters>.