Dear University of California Community and mapping friends,

We invite you to participate in this year’s UC-wide GIS Week, November 14th  – 16th, 2023, where we will celebrate all things mapping and geospatial. As in the past, we are coming together again this year virtually to share our work with our community. If you are a researcher, student, industry partner, alumnus, or community mapper, there is space for you to share your accomplishments and inspire others through your mapping and spatial analysis. We are looking for lightning talks, panelists, presentations, posters, StoryMaps, and pre-recorded workshops.

Please use this Google form to submit your application as soon as possible!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1xPzvwBS6Fk3CZ95cctugmIvQPcyavPpItfyvKIDDC1c

You can find more information and event registration here:

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/uc-gis-week-2023-tickets-718340544907

We are accepting responses until October 20th. You will be notified by October 27th of your slot. Should you have any questions, please reach out to us at [log in to unmask].

All the best,

The UC GIS Week Committee

Maggie Tarmey (he/they)
Librarian for Geography, Maps, and Economics
UCLA Library | Research and Rosenfeld Division
Charles E. Young Research Library A1540F
Book an appointment with me!

UCLA acknowledges the Gabrielino/Tongva peoples as the traditional land caretakers of Tovaangar (the Los Angeles basin and So. Channel Islands). As a land grant institution, we pay our respects to the Honuukvetam (Ancestors), ‘Ahiihirom (Elders) and ‘Eyoohiinkem (our relatives/relations) past, present and emerging.