Patricia,

In order to automate this process the first set would be to digitize the documents.  The scans could easily be retrieved through a database.  If they want to update the maps electronically, the scanned images would need to be converted into vector data.  It is likely they will need a custom system built for them.

Historical Information Gatherers could assist with digitization and consultation if the client is interested.  Feel free to contact us.

Regards,

David

David Hodnefield

President, Historical Information Gatherers

office 952.253.2004

direct 952-777-1845

www.historicalinfo.com

www.historymosaic.com

~ A window to the past that helps shape our future